Posted on Abbas Gallyamov E-NotesThe growing protest movements in Russia and the recent gains of the opposition, such as the anti-corruption marches led by Alexei Navalny, did not lead to a radical weakening of the Putin regime. The government’s power is not currently under threat. The state apparatus controls all components of the ...Posted on Benjamin Katzeff Silberstein E-NotesThrough the run-up to South Korea’s presidential election that took place on May 9, 2017, much of the international attention was focused on Moon Jae-in—the clear favorite to win—and his foreign policy ideas and pronouncements. Tensions on the Korean Peninsula have been running high over the past few weeks ...Posted on Samuel Helfont E-NotesAs the United States looks toward developing policies for a post-ISIS Iraq, preventing violence between Kurdish factions in Iraq will continue to be a key strategic interest. As this report argues, the United States would benefit greatly from a long-term alliance with a strong Kurdish entity in Northern Iraq, ...
Featured ItemsAs Russian President Vladimir Putin aims his country’s missile defenses westward toward an ambiguous adversary, North Korea’s Kim Jong-un chipped a ballistic missile into Mr. Putin’s eastern backyard. On Sunday, 14 May, a North Korean ballistic missile launched from ...Several weeks after winning a plurality in Bulgaria’s late March parliamentary election, Prime Minister Boyko Borissov did something unprecedented: he brought the nationalist United Patriots (Obedineni Patrioti) into his coalition government. The United Patriots is an electoral alliance of ...
- Violence, Non-State Actors, and Turmoil in the Middle East (Audio) - FPRI Radio- Benedetta Berti, Tally Helfont - May 15, 2017
- China’s Global Engagement (Audio) - Briefings, Booktalks, and Conversations- Jacques deLisle, Avery Goldstein - May 11, 2017
- Venezuela in Crisis (Audio) - FPRI Radio- Ronald J. Granieri, Vanessa Neumann - May 01, 2017
- The First 100 Days: A New Presidency in Review (Audio) - Main Line Briefings- Ronald J. Granieri - April 27, 2017
- Russia and the West in Strategic Perspective (Video) - Partner Events- Gen. Philip Breedlove - April 23, 2017
- The Voice of the People, the Face of the Leader (Audio) - Geopolitics with Granieri- Ronald J. Granieri, Jacqueline Deal, Tally Helfont - April 21, 2017
- France Votes, the World Watches (Audio) - FPRI Radio- Hajnalka Vincze, Ronald J. Granieri - April 20, 2017
- A Guide to Geopolitics in the 21st Century (Audio) - Sponsors Forum- Jeremy Black - April 10, 2017