Posted on Jason Steinhauer The American Review of Books, Blogs, and BullIt seems we are in the midst of a crisis of information—or, rather, a crisis of misinformation. The epidemic has been dubbed “fake news,” a term initially coined by the news media to describe stories on the internet posted by websites of questionable integrity. The term has since been ...Posted on Victoria Marklew The American Review of Books, Blogs, and BullBritish Prime Minister Theresa May triggered the two-year countdown to Brexit—the United Kingdom’s departure from the 28-member European Union (EU)—in late March 2017. Since the June 2016 referendum, there has been a steady drum beat of analysis about the impact of the referendum’s result on economies, markets, and politics—some ...Posted on David Danelo E-NotesFor the past seven months, some version of this question has been a regular part of my dialogue with almost anyone who learns I live near the U.S.-Mexico border. Before the 2016 U.S. presidential election, any discussion of “The Wall” with other Americans usually referred to the celebrated 1979 ...Posted on Jeremy Black The American Review of Books, Blogs, and BullMost British party leaders would be happy to win 42.4 percent of the votes cast, a million clear of the next party on 40 percent, and 160,000 votes more than Tony Blair won in 1997. They would be happy to have about eight percent more seats than the next ...Posted on Amin Tarzi E-NotesThe first combat zone utilization of the GBU-43/B Massive Ordnance Air Blast (MOAB) device by the U.S. forces in Afghanistan (USFOR-A) on 13 April 2017 brought the Islamic State–Khorasan Province (ISKP) to the headlines. ISKP emerged in Afghanistan and Pakistan in early 2015 after individuals and groups of militants ...
Featured ItemsPHILADELPHIA – The Foreign Policy Research Institute will hold a professional development conference, co-sponsored by the Slavic Studies Department at the University of Pennsylvania, for high school and secondary school educators on October 21 – October 22, 2017, in ...
- The “Deep State” of Intelligence? (Audio) - FPRI Radio- Nada Bakos, Michael P. Noonan - May 22, 2017
- Violence, Non-State Actors, and Turmoil in the Middle East (Audio) - FPRI Radio- Benedetta Berti, Tally Helfont - May 15, 2017
- China’s Global Engagement (Audio) - Briefings, Booktalks, and Conversations- Jacques deLisle, Avery Goldstein - May 11, 2017
- Venezuela in Crisis (Audio) - FPRI Radio- Ronald J. Granieri, Vanessa Neumann - May 01, 2017
- The First 100 Days: A New Presidency in Review (Audio) - Main Line Briefings- Ronald J. Granieri - April 27, 2017
- Russia and the West in Strategic Perspective (Video) - Partner Events- Gen. Philip Breedlove - April 23, 2017
- The Voice of the People, the Face of the Leader (Audio) - Geopolitics with Granieri- Ronald J. Granieri, Jacqueline Deal, Tally Helfont - April 21, 2017
- France Votes, the World Watches (Audio) - FPRI Radio- Hajnalka Vincze, Ronald J. Granieri - April 20, 2017
- A Guide to Geopolitics in the 21st Century (Audio) - Sponsors Forum- Jeremy Black - April 10, 2017