Thank you for your interest in employment at the Foreign Policy Research Institute. See below for all open positions within the organization. If you would like to be considered for any future openings, we encourage you to submit a resume and cover letter for future consideration. All resumes will be kept on file and reviewed as openings arise. The Foreign Policy Research Institute is an equal opportunity employer.
Please email all submissions to [email protected].
The Foreign Policy Research Institute (FPRI) is a non-profit, non-partisan think tank located in the heart of Philadelphia. Our mission is to bring the insights of scholarship to bear on the foreign policy and national security challenges facing the United States.
FPRI is seeking a Communications Coordinator/Director to deliver these insights to an ever-growing local, national, and international audience using a holistic, strategic approach. The employee will report to the President and Director of Administration and Development of the organization.
To apply for this position, please email a resume, cover letter, relevant writing sample, and references to [email protected]
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Crafting and implementing a strategic communications plan
- Coordinate and manage all email communications sent to our subscribers
- Manage and nurture FPRI’s presence on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media, including posting and engagement with our audience
- Use metrics to determine the effectiveness of all tools used in communication
- Craft and strategically post press releases and newsletters internally and externally
- Create, develop, and maintain relationships with local and national media contacts
- Bachelor’s in communications, public relations, or journalism
- 3 to 5 years relative job experience
- Established media relations preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Self-starter with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability and willingness to work collaboratively in a small, cross-functional environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other relevant programs; proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite required, particularly InDesign
This is a full-time salaried position; Monday – Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., with night and weekend hours for events as needed.
Compensation and Benefits Package: The Foreign Policy Research Institute offers a generous and competitive benefits package. Salary commensurate with education and experience. Please include any salary requirements when applying for this position.