FPRI’s Clint Watts: Senate Testimony (March 30) and Post-Testimony Media Appearances
April 3, 2017
On Thursday, March 30, FPRI Fox Fellow Clint Watts testified before the Senate Intelligence Committee on Russian information operations.
Since testifying, Watts has appeared on several prominent news shows:
- Full Frontal with Samantha Bee (April 5, 2017)
- NPR’s All Things Considered (April 3, 2017)
- Vice News (April 3, 2017)
- Meet the Press (April 2, 2017)
- Out Front with Erin Burnett (March 31, 2017)
- Morning Joe (March 31, 2017)
- The Rachel Maddow Show (March 31, 2017)
- Hardball with Chris Matthews (March 30, 2017)
Watts also has been profiled and quoted in a number of publications:
- The Philadelphia Inquirer: Trump abets Russian disinformation schemes (April 5, 2017)
- The Washington Post: The Russia scandal gets weirder and weirder (April 4, 2017)
- The Washington Post: The big Russia questions loom even larger (April 3, 2017)
- CNN: Russia investigation: Who is Clint Watts (March 30, 2017)
- CNN: Witness’ blistering words about Trump (March 30, 2017)
- CBS Evening News: “Follow the trail of dead Russians”: Senate hears testimony on “cyber invasion” (March 30, 2017)
- The New York Times: Russian Experts Paint Sinister Picture of Russian Meddling (March 30, 2017)
- The New York Times: Marco Rubio Says His Campaign Was a Target of Russian Cyberattacks (March 30, 2017)
- The Washington Post: Ryan, Rubio may have been targets of damaging Russian social-media campaigns (March 30, 2017)
- The Washington Post: Why the Senate’s Russia hearing matters (March 30, 2017)
- US News and World Report: The Latest: Flynn Discussing Immunity With Intel Committees (March 30, 2017)
- The Huffington Post: Russian Disinformation Works Because Donald Trump ‘Parrots The Same Lines,’ Cyber Expert Testifies (March 30, 2017)
- Voice of America: Russian Election-meddling Tactics Exposed at Senate Hearing (March 30, 2017)
- Boston Globe: Russia disinformation campaign allegedly targets Paul Ryan (March 30, 2017)
- His testimony was published in The Daily Beast on March 30.
Watch his testimony below.
Senate Select Committee on Intelligence – March 30, 2017
Disinformation: A Primer in Russian Active Measures and Influence Campaigns
For media inquiries pertaining to Mr. Watts, contact Eli Gilman at 215-732-3774 x 103.