FPRI brings the insights of scholarship to bear on the development of policies that advance U.S. national interests abroad. We add perspective to events by fitting them into longer-range patterns. And we develop alternative policies to deal with pressing U.S. international problems.
Major research programs are listed below.
- Program on National Security
- Center for the Study of Terrorism
- Center for the Study of America and the West
- Asia Program
- Program on the Middle East
- Project on Democratic Transitions
- Think Tanks and Foreign Policy
- Program on Field Research