I. Cultures and Cultural Diversity
II. Time, Continuity and Change
III. People, Places and Environments
V. Individuals, Groups and Institutions
VIII. Science, Technology and Society
Human Geography – Content Standard 3:
• The student will evaluate textual and visual evidence to analyze the components and regional variations of cultural patterns and processes.
• Assess the spatial dimensions of culture as defined by language, religion, race, ethnicity, and gender.
• Analyze and summarize the role the environment plays in determining a region’s culture.
• Explain the processes of cultural diffusion, acculturation, assimilation, and globalization regarding their impact on defining a region.
• Compare and contrast the world’s major cultural landscapes to analyze cultural differences, cultural identity, social mores and sets of beliefs which determine a sense of place.
• Summarize the impact of the world’s major religions of Buddhism, Christianity, Daoism, Hinduism, Islam, and Judaism on modern societies.
Content Standard 6: The student will evaluate contemporary global issues and challenges.
Content Standard 3: Cite specific textual and visual evidence to describe the impact of ongoing cultural diffusion as a result of the development of mass communication, social media, transportation systems, and global trade.