Nelli Babayan is a Black Sea Fellow in the Eurasia Program at FPRI. Dr. Babayan has been a Fellow at the Transatlantic Academy in Washington, D.C. and Associate Fellow at the Center for Transnational, Foreign and Security Policy at Freie Universität Berlin. Dr. Babayan’s research includes Russian foreign policy, the Caucasus and Black Sea regions, and Western democracy promotion efforts in Central and Eastern Europe. Her latest books include Democratic Transformation and Obstruction: EU, US, and Russia in the South Caucasus (Routledge, 2015) and Democracy Promotion and the Challenges of Illiberal Regional Powers (Routledge 2016).
- Taught in America: Democracy Promotion through Educational Exchanges - Caucasus Cable -
- Yes, We Can’t! The Apathetic Business of the Armenian Elections - Caucasus Cable -
- Frozen Conflicts Put Solutions on Ice - Caucasus Cable -
- Trump-Putin Deal: Easing Tensions with Restrained Engagement: Opinion - Euronews -
- Armenia’s Everlasting Protest and Its Resonance in Post-Soviet States - E-Notes -