Thank you for your interest in employment at the Foreign Policy Research Institute. See below for all open positions within the organization. If you would like to be considered for any future openings, we encourage you to submit a resume and cover letter for future consideration. All resumes will be kept on file and reviewed as openings arise. The Foreign Policy Research Institute is an equal opportunity employer.
Please email all submissions to [email protected].
About the Organization:
Based in Philadelphia, the Foreign Policy Research Institute is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. We are dedicated to bringing the insights of scholarship to bear on the foreign policy and national security challenges facing the United States. Through our research, public events, and educational programming, we seek to educate the public, teach teachers, train students, and offer ideas to advance U.S. national interests based on a nonpartisan, geopolitical perspective that illuminates contemporary international affairs through the lens of history, geography, and culture.
The Events Coordinator plans and executes all logistical aspects of the approximately 50 events held per year, and performs various office duties as assigned.
Director of Administration and Development and the President
Event Planning and Execution
- Coordinate in-house and external events – (Small events for members, Annual Fundraising dinner, and 2-3 weekend teacher conferences)
- Coordinate all venue and catering logistics; collaborate with external event management counterparts as needed
- Coordinate shipping, travel and rental logistics for events
- Attend most events to manage logistics, handle problems as they arise, and ensure events go off as planned
- Plan event agenda alongside other staff members
- Arrange event speakers’ and staff travel, accommodations, honorariums, and reimbursements
- Greet visitors for scheduled appointments and walk-ins
- Receive all incoming telephone calls and route calls promptly
- Order and manage office supplies and storage
- Assist other staff with large mailing projects and programmatic needs.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field or equivalent work related experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other relevant programs; previous experience with WordPress a plus
- Basic A/V Knowledge Preferred
- Very Detail Oriented
- Strong Organizational and Time Management Skills
- Ability to Handle Multiple Projects Simultaneously
- Proactive and Adaptable to Changes During Events
- Takes direction well
- Team player
- Outgoing and Creative
This position will require approximately 30 days of travel a year; mostly day trips in the surrounding Philadelphia area, with a few overnights as well as the occasional weekend in Washington, DC, Chicago, IL or New York, NY.
This is a full-time salaried position; Monday – Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., with night and weekend hours for events as needed.
Compensation and Benefits Package:
The Foreign Policy Research Institute offers a generous and competitive benefits package. Salary commensurate with education and experience.
The Foreign Policy Research Institute is an equal opportunity employer.