Prior to this lesson, students have been learning one greeting per week in Chinese, Korean, and Japanse. Using this, students will apply their new knowledge of Hangul reading and comprehension to characteristics of Hangul.
Achievements of King Sejong
History of Hangul
Introducing Hangul Chart
Learn basic Vowels and Consonants
Review Greetings in Korean
Read Greeting in Hangul
Write own name using Hangul Chart on name tags
Each students hang their name tag on the wall and try to read together.
1) View Video regarding Hangul- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TE4eplsFSms
2) Reading Assingments: “King Sejong the Great” by Korean Spirit and Culture Promotion Project, 2010. ISBN: 0-9779613-6-2.
Each group summarize the following chapter and lead discussion:
1. Chiphyonjon, the hall of scholars.
2. Development of Legal Institutions.
3. Reform of the Land Tax.
4. Music: A Joy to Share with the People.
5. Contribution to Medical Science.
6. Innovations in Printing.
7. Developments in Agriculture.
8. Astronomy and Inventions.
9. Scientific Progress in 15th Century Korea.
10. Invention of the Korean Alphabet