Lawrence Husick is Co-Chairman of the Foreign Policy Research Institute’s Center for the Study of Terrorism where he concentrates on the study of terrorist tactics and counterterrorism strategies, with a particular focus on technology leverage as a defining characteristic of the modern terrorist. He is also co-director of the FPRI Wachman Center’s Program on Teaching Innovation and a faculty member at the Whiting Graduate School of Engineering and the Zanvyl-Krieger School of Arts and Sciences Graduate Biotechnology Program of the Johns Hopkins University.
Mr. Husick’s computer-related experience includes his work as co-founder and principal system architect of Infonautics Inc. (now HighBeam Research), which originated the Electric Library and Encyclopedia.com on the World Wide Web, for which he was awarded five U.S. patents. He co-founded and serves as Chief Innovation Officer of TeraDiscoveries, Inc., a pioneering company in the field of in silico drug research and co-manages Vimetrics LLC, an early-stage venture in vision evaluation systems and ocular treatment. He has been a consultant to both government and private organizations as a systems analyst and design engineer. He has designed teaching and simulation systems, special-purpose process control systems for the chemical industry, and has consulted in the design of systems which range from natural language multimedia retrieval servers, to controllers for air conditioners, laser printers, alarm systems, and chemical instrumentation. He is a skilled programmer in computer languages ranging from assembler to Objective C, and designs and builds special-purpose computer hardware.
Mr. Husick holds a B.S. degree cum laude in Environmental Chemistry from Muhlenberg College and a J.D. from the Washington College of Law and has done graduate studies in microprocessor engineering. He spent several years as an associate patent attorney, working in a wide range of technologies, and in litigation practice. Prior to starting Lipton, Weinberger & Husick, an intellectual property and technological law firm, he was head of the Intellectual Property Group of Dilworth, Paxson, Kalish & Kauffman in Philadelphia.
Husick served as Senior Legal Fellow at Apple, Inc. for seven years. He currently serves as a board member of the Clear Vision Foundation, the American Helicopter Museum and Education Center, the Muhlenberg College RJ Fellows Honors Program and as Chair of the Board of Visitors of the University of the Sciences, Samson College of Allied Health Professions. He has also been an appointed advisor to the Commissioner of Patents and Trademarks, and is a past president of The Helen Beebe Speech and Hearing Center, Inc., a facility pioneering research and treatment in auditory-verbal education for the deaf.
Lawrence Husick Esq.
Lipton, Weinberger, and Husick
PO Box 587
Southeastern, PA 19399-0587 USA
- Freedom of the Skies: A Toothless Distant Relative of Freedom of the Seas · E-Notes · July 2014
- Cybersecurity: A National Security Crisis in Microcosm · E-Notes · May 2014
- Privacy Refracted through PRISM · E-Notes ·
- Teaching the Next Generation of Innovators · Transcripts and Testimonies · October 10, 2012
- From Brain Drain to Brain Flow: The New Economy of Innovation Turbulence · E-Notes ·
- The Disruptive Cost of Fear - Our Desire to Return to the World of September 10th and What It Has Cost Us · E-Notes ·
- What Students Can Learn from Steve Jobs · FootNotes · September 2011
- FPRI Perspectives on Bin Laden's Demise · E-Notes ·
- Spent Nuclear Fuel: A National Security and Environmental Migraine Headache · E-Notes ·
- Islamist Lawfare: Briefs as Weapons of Mass Disruption · E-Notes ·
- Avoiding a Homeland Security Error That Could Leave the U.S. Flying Blind · E-Notes ·
- I’m Not a Security Official...I Just Play One on TV · E-Notes ·
- Messages from Mumbai: Terrorism and Policy Implications · E-Notes ·
- From Stone to Silicon: A Brief Survey of Innovation · FootNotes ·
- More Than Just Tools and Toys: Teaching Innovation · FootNotes ·
- FPRI’s Lawrence Husick Talks Cyber Attacks on IQ 106.9 - (Audio) ·
- Understanding Stuxnet and Other Covert Responses to the Iranian Nuclear Program - (Audio) ·
- Why "Cyber Pearl Harbor" Won't Be Like Pearl Harbor At All… - (Audio) ·
- What Students Need to Know about 9/11: Ten Years Later, Session 2 - (Audio) ·
- What Students Need to Know about 9/11: Ten Years Later, Seesion 1 - (Audio) ·
- Cyberspace: The Next Battlefield - (Audio) ·
- Bin Laden's Demise and Its Implications - (Audio) ·
- Understanding Cyberspace as a Battlefield - (Audio) ·
- From Stone to Silicon: A Brief Survey of Technology and Inventions (video) - (Video) ·
- Cybersecurity - Congress 0, White House 1 · Geopoliticus · February 13, 2013