Posted on Rensselaer Lee, William Severe E-NotesNuclear weapons and the means of delivering them are central to Pyongyang’s deterrence strategy, the principal aim of which is to forestall an attack on the North Korean homeland by the United States. It should come as no surprise that U.S. policy has definitively failed to halt North Korea’s ...Posted on Joshua Krasna The Philadelphia PapersIsrael commands inordinate attention—relative to its size—in international media and fora and in the study of international and Middle Eastern politics. Much ink has been spilled on Israeli defense and foreign policy outputs. Much less has been spilled on how the Israeli national security constellation is actually structured and ...Posted on Adam Garfinkle E-NotesIt is a touching characteristic of the optimistic liberal soul that it perennially inclines to believe that bad situations cannot get worse. But of course they can and often do get worse. This would seem to make it hard to be an optimistic liberal for very long, but some ...Posted on Sarah Wilson Sokhey Russia Political Economy ProjectAs Western media focuses on the more sensational aspects of Russian domestic and foreign policy, this report argues that the often overlooked arena of social policy—i.e., pensions, education, and healthcare—lends important insights into the nature of the Russian regime and its outlook on the future. This essay traces the ...Posted on BackChannelFPRI and CEAS are excited to announce that we will once again be bringing 20 American educators to Japan for a two week immersion experience that will focus on three themes in Japan’s history and culture: Political and Social Stability, Maintaining Cultural Values While Seeking Change, and Cultural Borrowing. ...
Featured ItemsThanks to a near-myopic obsession with eradicating transnational Islamic terrorism, costly invasions and occupations of Afghanistan and Iraq, and a zero-risk approach to homeland security, America’s competitive edge has eroded over the last 16 years relative to China and ...Successful presidents do not need to come through the political process, but whatever their background, they need to be able to lead intelligently and to make sense of and mould the coalitions of interest—both domestic and international—that provide the ...In 1997, when Estonia first began building its digital society through an e-governance system to provide public services online, the general population had limited access to the internet. Twenty years later, the possibilities offered by digital technologies seem ...After touting its content with almost breathless anticipation, the Republican majority of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence (HPSCI) last week secured President Donald Trump’s approval to declassify and publicly release the memorandum prepared by the Republican ...
- The Declaration of Independence: An FPRI Primer (Video) - FPRI Primers (Videos)- Ronald J. Granieri - February 06, 2018
- Taiwan’s Participation in International Organizations (Audio/Video) - Asia Conference, Briefings, Booktalks, and Conversations- Jacques deLisle, Vincent Wei-Cheng Wang, Bonnie Glaser, Thomas J. Shattuck - October 09, 2017
- Europe’s Voters Have Spoken…But What Did They Say? (Audio) - FPRI Radio- Ronald J. Granieri, Jeremy Black, Hajnalka Vincze - September 28, 2017
- The “Deep State” of Intelligence? (Audio) - FPRI Radio- Nada Bakos, Michael P. Noonan - May 22, 2017
- Violence, Non-State Actors, and Turmoil in the Middle East (Audio) - FPRI Radio- Benedetta Berti, Tally Helfont - May 15, 2017
- China’s Global Engagement (Audio) - Briefings, Booktalks, and Conversations- Jacques deLisle, Avery Goldstein - May 11, 2017
- Venezuela in Crisis (Audio) - FPRI Radio- Ronald J. Granieri, Vanessa Neumann - May 01, 2017
- The First 100 Days: A New Presidency in Review (Audio) - Main Line Briefings- Ronald J. Granieri - April 27, 2017
- Russia and the West in Strategic Perspective (Video) - Partner Events- Gen. Philip Breedlove - April 23, 2017
- The Voice of the People, the Face of the Leader (Audio) - Geopolitics with Granieri- Ronald J. Granieri, Jacqueline Deal, Tally Helfont - April 21, 2017
- France Votes, the World Watches (Audio) - FPRI Radio- Hajnalka Vincze, Ronald J. Granieri - April 20, 2017
- A Guide to Geopolitics in the 21st Century (Audio) - Sponsors Forum- Jeremy Black - April 10, 2017