Posted on Andrew Glencross The American Review of Books, Blogs, and BullHerman Melville first understood that the essence of the modern world is confidence. Confidence permeates all corners of public life. Financial markets and global banking depend on it; central bankers and other policy wonks do their utmost apparently to maintain it; opinion writers agonize over the loss of trust ...Posted on Eriks Selga, Benjamin Rasmussen Baltic BulletinRussian disinformation has led a blitzkrieg over the West, and the implications are grave. Germany witnessed the scandal of “Lisa,” France saw false claims of Saudi Arabian financing for President Macron’s campaign, Norway was accused of stealing children from their families, and Ukraine was reported as crucifying a ...Posted on Adam Garfinkle E-NotesIt was on the fourth night, very early in the great Arabic tale, that Shahrazade, in telling the story of King Yunan and his evil vizier, says as follows: “Oppression hideth in every heart; power revealeth it and weakness concealeth it.” It’s hard to say from Washington, D.C. ...Posted on George W. Croner E-NotesSince first passed by Congress in 2008, the intelligence collection program conducted under Section 702 of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) has expanded to become arguably the most significant collection tool available to the U.S. Intelligence Community. Just last week, in a letter delivered to the congressional ...
Featured ItemsThe Catalan independence crisis feels intractable. Ministers who defied the Spanish Constitutional Court to organize an independence referendum on October 1 have been jailed. The government in Madrid has dissolved the regional administration after the administration claimed the referendum ...
- Taiwan’s Participation in International Organizations (Audio/Video) - Asia Conference, Briefings, Booktalks, and Conversations- Jacques deLisle, Vincent Wei-Cheng Wang, Bonnie Glaser, Thomas J. Shattuck - October 09, 2017
- Europe’s Voters Have Spoken…But What Did They Say? (Audio) - FPRI Radio- Ronald J. Granieri, Jeremy Black, Hajnalka Vincze - September 28, 2017
- The “Deep State” of Intelligence? (Audio) - FPRI Radio- Nada Bakos, Michael P. Noonan - May 22, 2017
- Violence, Non-State Actors, and Turmoil in the Middle East (Audio) - FPRI Radio- Benedetta Berti, Tally Helfont - May 15, 2017
- China’s Global Engagement (Audio) - Briefings, Booktalks, and Conversations- Jacques deLisle, Avery Goldstein - May 11, 2017
- Venezuela in Crisis (Audio) - FPRI Radio- Ronald J. Granieri, Vanessa Neumann - May 01, 2017
- The First 100 Days: A New Presidency in Review (Audio) - Main Line Briefings- Ronald J. Granieri - April 27, 2017
- Russia and the West in Strategic Perspective (Video) - Partner Events- Gen. Philip Breedlove - April 23, 2017
- The Voice of the People, the Face of the Leader (Audio) - Geopolitics with Granieri- Ronald J. Granieri, Jacqueline Deal, Tally Helfont - April 21, 2017
- France Votes, the World Watches (Audio) - FPRI Radio- Hajnalka Vincze, Ronald J. Granieri - April 20, 2017
- A Guide to Geopolitics in the 21st Century (Audio) - Sponsors Forum- Jeremy Black - April 10, 2017